Thursday, January 20, 2011

Second Blog

            The International House of Prayer really is an amazing place especially when you start to understand what this place is really all about. I knew it was devoted to 24/7 prayer and to truly coming in connection with God, but there is an amazing prophetic history behind it that takes place over the past thirty years. I have only heard bits and pieces of it so far, but by the end of the internship I'm sure I will know it well. I'll try to give you a quick overview of some of the things that have happen over the years. A prophet back In 1983 came to Mike Bickle (creator of ihop) and started talking about visions see saw and things that were going to happen. Mike thought the guy was off his rocker at first. So the prophet told Mike that on a specific date a comet would be seen that even the scientists of the world would not know about. Sure enough on the exact day the prophet said he showed up at Mike's office with a newspaper (not sure which one or where it even occurred) that read on the front page about a comet shooting across the sky that no scientist knew about or even existed. I guess that got Mike's attend cause after that he started listen to what the prophet had to say. One vision this prophet had he talked of see people somewhere in China in a field watching a hand held television that had no wires in the middle of a field and they were watching song birds sing. Keep in mind this is back in the early 80's when nothing of that nature was even thought about. Today you can watch the Prayer Room at IHOP on your mobile phone where you want to including a field in China. The song birds are the men and women singing prayers in the Prayer Room 24/7. That is just the tip of the ice burg as they say. Mike Bickle explains the whole thing on a cd or dvd called Encountering Jesus I have it, but have not had time to watch it yet. I believe its 9 or 10 one hour sessions and even then he cut some of the stories short to try and save time.  You might be able to find it on the internet if anyone was interested. I've heard things about drout, flooding and other kind of natural occurances. I suggest you look in to it it sounds very interesting. Right now they are talking about going from 500 to 5,000 over night and they just recently hit 500 interns/students then 5,000 people where displaced from there homes because of the mississippi river flooding. That was in the prophesy too buy the way. So they are expecting some to happen very soon again could be tomarrow. Please try and take all of this with an open mind. It really is crazy thats why I can't wait to learn about the thing. IHOP is based upon the idea of the tabernacle of David. God said he would bring in back in the end times but this time to all the nations. That is what they believe IHOP's purpose is and it was said that it will become a whole city of prayer. Anyway I was asking God the other night if I should be making more of an effort to meet more people and all at once the words spend time with me popped in my head. So I believe it was God telling me not to worry about friends he will take care of that for me. That I should just send time with him. I thought that  was pretty cool. Its probably the clearest I've ever heard him. Till the next day that is when an intern of IHOP was praying for me. He came up touched my chest. When did I praying to myself as he began to pray that God would speak through him. At that moment I think he started praying in tongues. Afterwards he told me God gave him a vision of me sitting in the back seat of a car God was driving. I asked him if we were there yet. He turned around and said not yet, but not to worry he is driving and we will be there soon. That confirmed to me that I was in the right place and not to worry. He is driving and he will get me to where he wants me to be safely. It sounds a little crazy for me to be writing things like this to some, but I am certain it is God speaking to me. On the lighter side of things I've been meeting many new people. I've got four different people that will take me places and there are many more where that came from. We got bout 8 inches of snow last night. People were freaking out cause some here have never really been in snow before. The school ended up canceling classes today. I did end up going to the Prayer Room in the afternoon though. I really wish I would brought a sled theres some great hills around here. I've been learning about consecration(the channel or avenue we use to connect with God). I've also been reading about prayer and fasting. So I'm going to start doing that as a way to become closer to God. Don't spread it around I'm pretty sure your suppose to do it in secrecy:). I've also being learning how to keep engaged while being in the prayer room for four hours at a time. Today I listened to a cd called the Purity Covenant. We all have to make a commitment of seven things we will do in order to keep us clean of sexual immorality. Its something new the people at IHOP felt God was telling them to do to hold everybody accountable for each other. One thing we had to do was put software on are computer that would keep track of the websites we go to. It then sends an email to one one the leaders if there were any questionable sites visited. One more thing I forgot IHOP is a world wide prayer movement and they are they very clear when they tell us we are a part of it now. It is no accident that we are here at this time so it does get me excited to think about being a part of something that is suppose to grow into something bigger then we can imagine. Something that is part of God's plans for the future. Don't I will keep asking questions to make sure I don't get caught up in the hiep (not sure about that spelling). Anyways talk to you later. God Bless
 

No comments:

Post a Comment